I landed a freelance contract for a translation project last week that I had to get started on right away, which is of course fantastic news for jobless me, but it also screwed up a bit some of my best laid plans as I have to work pretty long hours every day (including weekends) to meet the deadlines. I also predict I’m going to find it hard to keep up with y’all’s blogging activities.
So this is what last week looked like:
1. Pilates 3x a week, plus 30-minute exercising at home 3x a week. → I like twists in a plot. I went to pilates once but exercised for 45 minutes at home three times. I started really pushing myself with the home exercises, adding new elements to work extra on my thighs and give myself a more complete, rounded workout. By Friday, I was in a lot of muscle pain (which I call “good pain”) so I took a day off, but the break ended up extending until today. 🙂 I was pretty exhausted from work and had to give my deadlines priority over everything else, so I didn’t feel like pushing myself any further. But since I’ll be spending a lot of hours every day in front of the computer for the next two weeks, I have to find a way to stick to my workout regimen.
2. Unpack the 2 moving boxes. Ugh. → Didn’t happen. See beginning of the post and #5. I think I’ll have to forego this until I’m done with work.
3. Publish a minimum of 2 posts. → Done, and then some. Despite the hectic work schedule, I managed to squeeze in an additional post on Sunday because it was a photo challenge, which is very easy and quick to set up as a post.
4. Continue reading every day. → Again, due to work I haven’t been reading as much as before, but I do try to read at least a few pages before going to sleep every night.
5. Avoid giving myself negative points. → I almost did it, I swear. I certainly improved a lot on the preceding week when I had several bad days.
6. Start a daily eating diary. → I did, but I soon grew weary of the format I’d set up where I was taking note of every detail about food content and my reactions to it. So I decided to just make entries for things that stand out, when I eat something that disagrees with me or makes me bloated or creates any kind of adverse reaction in the body. Conversely, I’d also make note of things that seem to have a very positive effect.
1. Maintain a 3x per week exercise schedule for the duration of the translation gig (appr. 2 weeks). It can be either pilates or workouts at home, or a combination of both.
2. Publish 2 posts per week.
3. Avoid giving myself negative points.
4. Read at least a few pages every day.
What are your goals for this week? Feel free to link back to this site.